Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Whirlwind Trip Home ... And Back




My nephew, Jordan Kessler, is an amazing artist and photographer. I took a quick trip home to Beantown to see his graduate thesis exhibit at the Mass College of Art yesterday. I am really proud of this smart, talented, sensitive man.

I left Commack upon dismissal Friday and made it to Orient Point with time to spare for the 5:00 Ferry to Connecticut.



Here is my attempt at being a creative photographer. (mirror view of cars parked on the ferry)

I arrived in my hometown (Natick) to have dinner with my brother and sister-in-law ... Then enjoyed a night alone in a hotel on route 9 ... which is NOTHING LIKE I REMEMBER!

I woke early for a walk that I hoped would take me back to Wethersfield ... but I stayed in Cochituate ...



I enjoyed the quiet after the craziness of route 9!



Walking out of the park, I noticed these 4 boats lined up. I like this ... adds up to 18 which is my lucky number!

I am lucky in that I was able to spend time with two wonderful men ... Jordan and my Uncle Mark



And later ...



...Cynthia ... For whom I walk 60 miles every year.

We left Jordan and The Fenway and drove back to Dedham, and, after a short visit with Audrey and Mark, I was on my way to the Mass Pike. But I couldn't resist a quick turn off my route and trip back to my home in South Natick ... and a visit with my friend Ben.

It was a perfect 24 hours.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment