Monday, April 1, 2013

Reconnecting With Cindy

For some reason my friend Cindy and I lost touch. These things happen. The other day, I received a friend request on Facebook and now we have reconnected. That's a good thing. Little surprises from out of the blue can make your day, you know? Either she did a little "Roberta research" or our mutual friend, Joyce, told her about my involvement with SGK. Well, it seems that she is very involved ...

"I have been involved with Komen for many years having a Race for Cure team in memory of my Mom. Am co-chairing Luncheon this year and journal chair. Am a two time breast cancer survivor myself and will always fight for this disease in the hopes my daughter does not get it in her lifetime - we do not have the gene."

So ... I will add another name to the list of those for whom I walk. Two time breast cancer survivor. It is hard to wrap my head around it.

Here is our team, "New York Walkers Gone Miles", logo.




Nice job Sandy, Team Captain extraordinaire! I don't know about a team t-shirt ... I do know, however, I will be sporting a special t-shirt designed by Cousin Baz on the 2nd day. Unlike Thumper, I will not be taking the plunge and dying my hair pink ... But I will wear the shirt!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Aw, come on. Dye it pink, just for three days. (And move off this crappy blogger site that makes it almost impossible to post.

    ReplyDelete